Re: [exim] Max messages per connection

Góra strony
Autor: Jeremy Harris
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Max messages per connection
On 05/04/17 04:45, Chris Siebenmann wrote:
>> several months ago , I have seen error "more than 10 messages received in
>> one connection". Upon investigation , I increased it to 200 by adding
>> "smtp_accept_queue_per_connection=200" to config file.
>>
>> Every now and then , I see same error on log file with new count "more than
>> 200 messages received in one connection" , some of emails get delivered 30
>> minutes later.
>>
>> What are options I have to remediate this issue and get mail delivered
>> immediately ?
>
> Well, one obvious solution is to increase
> smtp_accept_queue_per_connection to a very large number, since clearly
> some of the servers connecting to you are delivering more than 200
> messages in a single connection.

You should however bear in mind that you are permitting up to that
number of "immediate" deliveries running concurrently. And each
delivery takes at least one process; maybe more.

The flip to letting queue-runners do the deliveries is there for
good reasons; that message in the log is not "an error".
--
Cheers,
Jeremy