Re: [exim] Multiple DNS lists, same IP address

Author: Jasen Betts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Multiple DNS lists, same IP address
On 2017-03-29, Ian Zimmerman <itz@???> wrote:
> I'm looking for a better way to write something like (in an ACL)
>
> dnslists = FIRST_IPBL_DOMAIN/$acl_m_someip : SECOND_IPBL_DOMAIN/$acl_m_someip
>
> Ideally, I want to define both domains with a single macro.

> Of course this would be trivial if I could omit the address, that is if
> the address was the default one of $sender_host_address. But it isn't.

I'm not sure if this is what you want:

DOMCHECK=FIRST_IPBL_DOMAIN/$acl_m_someip : SECOND_IPBL_DOMAIN/$acl_m_someip

dnslists = DOMCHECK

Or perhaps use "${map"

IPBLDOMS = domain1.example.com : domain2.example.net

dnslists = ${map{IPBLDOMS}{$item/$acl_m_someip}}

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-string_expansions.htm

I hope you're not encouraging header forgery by extracting IP-
addresses from "Received:" headers.