Re: [exim] Turning off no_enforce_sync conditionally in acl…

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Jason L Tibbitts III
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Turning off no_enforce_sync conditionally in acl_smtp_helo
On 2016-05-04 at 14:52 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> One possibility is to just use:
>
> acl_check_helo:
> accept hosts = :
> accept control = no_enforce_sync
>
> which appears to work. But can I turn it off just for Thunderbird's
> probes? I tried the following, but it doesn't appear to work:
>
> acl_check_helo:
>   accept hosts = :
>   accept condition = ${if eq{$sender_helo_name}{we-guess.mozilla.org} {true}}
>          control = no_enforce_sync
>          logwrite = Turning off sync enforcement for Thunderbird.
>   accept

Sync enforcement is done as part of figuring out what the incoming SMTP
verb is, long before ACLs are applied. The ACL for a given command can
not affect whether or not sync enforcement applies to _that_ command.

I suggest using a _connect_ time ACL to set `control = no_enforce_sync`
and then use the _HELO_ time ACL to re-apply `control = enforce_sync`
if _not_ Thunderbird.

-Phil