Re: [exim] Rewriting sender based on recipient?

Author: Mike Brudenell
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Rewriting sender based on recipient?
Hi, Marco -

I'm not too sure what you're asking… Is it about the *errors_to* option for
routers in Exim? If so, the documentation for errors_to in the
*Specification* shows it is expanded when it is used. That is, you can use
a string expansion expression with the option to choose what value you
should assign it based on other things.

So you can write a string expansion that does whatever you need — for
example, test the domain of the recipient address to see whether they are
one of your local users or not, then do either a file- or LDAP-lookup to
see if there is a value to be sued for them.

If you're instead asking about rewriting the RFC5321.MailFrom,
RFC5322.{From, Reply-to, Sender} headers using the Address Rewriting
section then you can also use string expansions in the replacement value of
rules there so can do the same thing there.

Cheers,
Mike B-)