Re: [exim] rbldnsd lookup?

Author: Ian Zimmerman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] rbldnsd lookup?
Jeremy Harris wrote:

> > We could develop another lookup which does (docs ch.61), or we could
> > enhance the ${readsocket } expansion to talk UDP (bug 410) and
> > require the DNS protocol be explicit by the user.

I got started with a generic DNS resolver lookup. Then I got stuck for
reasons too stupid to mention.

I think I might get unstuck if I could build my lookup as a loadable
module. So I'll go off on a tangent:

1. Is it possible to build in some lookups and build some others as
modules?

2. Must loadable module lookups be built at the same time as the main
binary, or can they be built and installed independently?