Re: [exim] 4.87 -> 4.88 readconf performance

Author: lists-exim
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] 4.87 -> 4.88 readconf performance
On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 09:10:13AM +0000, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> On 09/03/17 02:16, lists-exim@??? wrote:
> > Most of the time is spent in the while loop in readconf_main around
> > line 3424. All other portions of the function are negligible.
>
> That tells us it's reading the config...
> Can you dig deeper? What tools do you have?
> --
> Cheers,
> Jeremy

Unfortunately this is stuck running this on HPUX 11.2 at the moment.
I don't have much installed aside from GCC/GDB but if you can make
some suggestions I'll be happy to do some research as time permits.

I also plan to take this config and test it on Linux 4.87 vs 4.88 as
well. The message originator runs on HPUX and distributes the email to 3
MX hosts in the DMZ all running EXIM 4.80 on Debian.

Again, thank you for your assistance.

Wayne