Re: [exim] Ongoing email issues

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Ongoing email issues
On 01/03/17 07:22, Odhiambo Washington via Exim-users wrote:
> On 1 March 2017 at 01:45, Jeremy Harris <jgh@???> wrote:
>
>> On 28/02/17 22:16, Daryl Richards via Exim-users wrote:
>>> (gdb) bt full
>>> #0 0x0000000802c03b1a in ?? ()
>>> No symbol table info available.
>>> Cannot access memory at address 0x7fffdfffee20
>>>
>>> ????
>>
>> Binary distribution or self-built?  If the latter,
>> rebuild with      make CFLAGS="-g -O0"

> So, if I may ask, 'make CFLAGS="-g -O0"' builds with debug capability or
> what?

The -g tells the compile/link to add symbols information to
the binary; the -O0 turns the compiler optimization all the
way down, which makes it easier for a human to understand
the relationship of object code to source code.

These are compiler things, applicable to any C program not
just Exim.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy