Re: [exim] Exim 4.89 RC6 uploaded: one remaining known issue

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-dev, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.89 RC6 uploaded: one remaining known issue
On 2017-02-23 at 18:44 +0100, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> BTW, there is a new rather ugly warning in RC6:
> | receive.c: In function 'read_message_bdat_smtp':
> | receive.c:947:9: warning: implicit declaration of function 'bdat_ungetc' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
> |          bdat_ungetc('\n');
> |          ^~~~~~~~~~~

Already fixed; since it's taking an int type, I decided that the
implicit would do and didn't re-cut, but left it and fixed immediately
after finishing the publication.

(A function got used in a second file, so I just moved the declaration
to a header).

(As part of release, I'm signing, building, deploying to two boxes, and
then pushing the signed git tags and publishing the tarballs; the two
boxes are one with clang on FreeBSD 10.3 and one with gcc on Ubuntu
14.04.5; between them, these have done a decent job of letting me trim
down the warnings a fair chunk during RC. So I can stop and recut
trivially if I see anything which warrants it)

-Phil