Re: [pcre-dev] Fuzzing, stack overflows, pcretest & similar …

Author: ph10
To: Giuseppe D'Angelo
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Fuzzing, stack overflows, pcretest & similar reports
On Thu, 23 Feb 2017, Giuseppe D'Angelo via Pcre-dev wrote:

> PCRE seems to be getting a good amount of bug reports around the same
> kind of issues, which are known and documented.

We do indeed. Especially about pcretest at the moment, which I'm tempted
not to touch, though I will try to keep pcre2test robust, just in order
to stop these reports, though I agree with you that there isn't really
the need.

> I was wondering if this can be turned in some sort of FAQ to be linked
> from the bug submission page, so that people know that such behaviours
> are known and do not constitute bugs.

I don' know enough about Bugzilla to know if this is possible.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel