Re: [exim] comments in host lists?

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] comments in host lists?
Marc Haber <mh+exim-users@???> (Mi 22 Feb 2017 20:58:47 CET):
> Hi,
>
> I have in an ACL:
>
> |  deny
> |    message = sender IP address $sender_host_address is locally blacklisted here. If you think this is wrong, get in touch with postmaster
> |    !acl = acl_local_deny_exceptions
> |    hosts = CONFDIR/local_host_blacklist

> Can I somehow have comments in the local_host_blacklist? When I use #,
> my exim debug output contains:
>
> |20:51:25 18505 host in "/etc/exim4/local_host_blacklist"? no (malformed IPv4 address or address mask)

You may try to use `exim -bP config` do see how your resulting
configuration looks like, given that you have a recent (>= 4.88, I
think) Exim.

From the spec:

Blank lines in the file, and lines starting with a # character (ignoring
leading white space) are treated as comments and are ignored. Note: A #
character other than at the beginning of a line is not treated specially, and
does not introduce a comment.

Any non-comment line can be continued by ending it with a backslash. Note that
the general rule for white space means that trailing white space after the
backslash and leading white space at the start of continuation lines is
ignored. Comment lines beginning with # (but not empty lines) may appear in the
middle of a sequence of continuation lines.

--
Heiko