Re: [exim] Mksd and Sophie antivirus on Exim

Author: Dennis Davis
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Mksd and Sophie antivirus on Exim
On Wed, 22 Feb 2017, Jouan Marc via Exim-users wrote:

> From: Jouan Marc via Exim-users <exim-users@???>
> To: exim-users@???
> Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 11:04:29
> Subject: [exim] Mksd and Sophie antivirus on Exim
>
> In the "Scanning for viruses" part of chapter : Chapter 44 - Content
> scanning at ACL time of the online documentation :
> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-content_scanning_at_acl_time.html
>
> Shows the compatibility of EXIM with some antivirus that I do not
> know and for which I can not manage to access their website! Is
> this antivirus missing? If Yes why not indicate it in the online
> doc? Are there alternative versions ?

Sophie looks to have moved to being a Sourceforge project. See:

http://sophie.sourceforge.net/

Sophie uses the Sophos virus signatures. Sophos is a commercial
anti-virus product.

There doesn't appear to have been a new release of Sophie for over a
decade. I'm not sure how relevant that is.
--
Dennis Davis <dennisdavis@???>