Re: [exim] outbound discard all filter for cpanel twisted ex…

Góra strony
Autor: Chris Siebenmann
Dla: ping murder
CC: cks, Exim Users
Temat: Re: [exim] outbound discard all filter for cpanel twisted exim
> Ideally, what I would like is to let everything stay as is (since
> cPanel will over-write most changes anyway) and create a filter that
> just discards any email in exim. Basically we don't need the server to
> be able to send email of any kind but thanks to cpanel we're stuck.

Here is a potentially odd question: do you have to do the discarding
inside Exim (or at least inside the Exim that cPanel sees)? If you don't
care about the email, one option is to (re)direct all outgoing email to
a server that accepts it all and then throws it away. Such redirection
might be done inside Exim (as eg some sort of 'smarthost everything
through this IP' setting), or it could be done with a firewall that
redirects outgoing port 25 connections from these machines.

(Such a firewall might be either on an intermediate machine or
on the cPanel servers themselves.)

You could use a suitably configured Exim instance to accept and
discard everything, or there are lightweight SMTP listeners that
could be set up to do this. If you're already familiar with
configuring Exim, that might be the best option, and as a bonus
you could arrange to monitor the logs of that Exim instance to
notice spammers who've compromised another WP instance (or have
it automatically feed things into a database, or the like).

    - cks