Re: [exim] how to distribute outbound mail over multiple hos…

Author: Felix Schwarz
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] how to distribute outbound mail over multiple hosts?
Hey,

Heiko, Jeremy: thank you for your quick answers - seems like I can build
exactly the solution I had in mind :-)

Am 15.02.2017 um 12:06 schrieb Heiko Schlittermann:
> And, if then all outbound traffic gets forwarded to the new servers, you
> need to reconfigure your application servers to use the new outbound
> server? (Just for me, to get it clear.)

sort of: We plan to run old+new in parallel for a time even though the old
server will just forward 100% of its traffic to the new one. When we are ready
to do the final switch we will just update the DNS to put the old machine out
of the mail flow.

>     new_outbound:
>         driver = manualroute
>         condition = <you got ${randint:…}>

Exactly what I was looking for :-) Thank you.

Felix