Re: [exim] No MAIL verb before RCPT

Author: Phillip Carroll
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] No MAIL verb before RCPT

On 2/13/2017 4:16 PM, Phil Pennock wrote:
> Multiple condition rules are and{{}{}...}, not or{{}{}...}
>
> So you're only rejecting if both the last and second-last components
> differ.
>
> You can be more explicit by using the or{} wrapper yourself.
>
> -Phil

Arggggh! And I know conditions are ANDed, not ORed. Staring me in the
face all the time. Kind of obvious once you see it. (My excuse is I got
lost in the exim syntax forest and ran into a conditional tree, thereby
rendering me barely cognizant. That's my story and I am sticking to it.)

Exim probably skipped the second condition entirely once the first was
false due to both TLDs being "com".

You rule! A little rewriting of my condition is in order.

BTW, is there some way to test just a conditional expression without
actually running an email through? It would be nice to be able to call a
function that would test just this one thing with various example data.

Thanks to all who replied.

--
Phil