Re: [exim] Please check for SSL transport errors

Author: Phil Pennock
To: The Doctor
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Please check for SSL transport errors
On 2017-02-10 at 08:38 -0700, The Doctor wrote:
> All right seems there is an issue with
>
> a crashing clamd.
>
> However I was preparing an extesive debug file

We mostly just need a debugger backtrace.

> using
>
> exim -v -qff -d+all
>
> but somehow the file /dev/null'ed itself :-(
>
> Tomorrow I hope to hav3e said file.
>
> Is there a max bytes on posts?

You can use a pastebin site.

> Running Openssl latest on FreeBSD 11.

So at this point, based on the limited information provided, all I can
do is encourage you to contributed a buildfarm machine/VM for testing,
based on your environment?

The Exim code-base is continuously tested across a farm of volunteer
machines. You'll see a lot of red right now, which is an artifact of
"build-farm doesn't like pdp doing silly things like force-pushing a
rebased branch" but otherwise, when the buildfarm breaks, we act upon
it. There are client setup instructions, you'll want to use a dedicated
VM (farm user needs passwordless sudo to root):

https://buildfarm.exim.org/

OpenSSL and FreeBSD is working for me and working on one of the two
FreeBSD buildfarm animals:

* shrew: freebsd 11.libressl gcc 4.8.5 amd64
* mouse: FreeBSD 11.0 gcc 4.8.5 amd64

If you contribute an animal which is configured the way you configure
Exim, with the same combination of OS, compiler, libraries and features,
then we'll get the test results and crashes will show up.

There's always room for improvement in any test suite, we might not
catch everything, but Exim's is not bad.

-Phil