Re: [exim] block hacker helo's

Góra strony
Autor: kuncho pencho
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] block hacker helo's
Hi,

See this tutorial.

https://github.com/Exim/exim/wiki/BlockCracking

Best Regards.

>-------- Оригинално писмо --------

>От: Andy Smith a.smith@???

>Относно: [exim] block hacker helo's

>До: exim-users@???

>Изпратено на: 07.02.2017 14:04

Hi list,

I've already configured fail2ban to block brute force attacks on my

Exim server but thought it would be nice to be able to block outright

known abusive helo's. So I've had a dig and I came up with this config:

# Blacklist

auth_advertise_hosts =\

${lookup{$sender_helo_name}\

lsearch{/usr/local/etc/exim/heloblocks}{}{*}\

}

But it doesn't seem to work so I'm hoping someone can give me a pointer.

Also I have a general doubt, when using the term advertise in Exim does

this mean purely to advertise funcionality or does it actually mean to

provide or not that funcionality? Ie am I actually blocking auth by not

advertising it, when talking about an abusive connection that isn't

following the RFCs etc?

thanks in advance, Andy.