Re: [exim] Administrivia: mailman & exim.org changes

Góra strony
Autor: Phil Pennock
Dla: Rúben Leote Mendes
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Administrivia: mailman & exim.org changes
On 2017-02-06 at 18:51 +0000, Rúben Leote Mendes wrote:
> Does this change also affected the envelope From?
> They used to be of the form exim-users-bounces+localpart=domain@???
> but now are of the form exim-users-bounces+domain@??? (the localpart is
> missing)
> Is this intended?

Intended, yes. Actually a different change. It's a restoration of old
behaviour, where we have Exim do the VERP expansion instead of Mailman,
so that we get multiple recipients on one message. It's more efficient,
and the custom setup which was in place will dynamically fall back to
full user=domain form when it sees some bounces.

So it's "long-standing but not been used recently".

However, because I messed up the SPF record for exim.org and because
some subscribers apparently tar-pit SMTP from hosts which fail SPF, the
tuning which was working for getting delivery times down and throughput
up has instead failed catastrophically, with hour+ delivery times.

So for the time being, I've put us back to Mailman doing the VERP and
one Exim message per recipient. (We're still on the two-stage routing,
so should still get multiple messages down one connection).

-Phil