Re: [exim] verify.c did not compile - was Re: [exim-users] E…

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Andrew C Aitchison
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] verify.c did not compile - was Re: [exim-users] Exim 4.89 RC2 uploaded (openssl-only)
On 2017-02-03 at 14:37 +0000, Andrew C Aitchison wrote:
> This *may* because I am still on openssl-1.0.1 (I will poke that issue)

It's not. The primary MX for @exim.org runs "tests, RCs, whatever"
listening on port 26 (mail sent by me goes through that port) and RC2
was built using system OpenSSL, 1.0.1f-as-patched-by-distribution.

I've installed 1.0.2k on that box and RC3 will be built using that. I
followed the steps in the new `doc/openssl.txt` file which is part of
Exim now. The config step told me, on _that_ machine, that I had to do
a `make depend` and I might tune the documentation a little as a result.

Please try the doc when poking and let me know what improvements it
could use. We want to make it as easy as possible for people to get
this resolved.

The problem you saw was that we haven't been testing building without
TLS and so a build-dependency slipped in. Thanks! This is what RCs are
for.