Re: [exim] can't see email replies

Author: Mike Brudenell
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] can't see email replies
Messages in general could be signed with "d=exim.org" if desired: DKIM
signatures without DMARC are verified standalone. Certainly non-list —
transactional subscription confirmation requests, password resets, etc —
messages from "@exim.org" addresses in the RFC5322.From would certainly
benefit. (If this is already in place forgive me: it's a long time since I
joined the list so don't have such a message to hand to check.)

Of course for sending sites publishing quarantine/reject DMARC policies (as
we're moving towards) then the list signing with "d=exim.org" would be of
no real value because the domain wouldn't align with the sender's address
in the RCF5322.From … unless the list followed others and started rewriting
that header, as was referred to before: at least for sending sites
publishing a quarantine/reject DMARC policy. I think GNU Mailman 2.16
onwards offers this? That would also take into account the changes the list
manager makes to messages: the Subject line, the footer on the body text,
etc as the message passes through.

I fear we're going to be in for an "interesting" ride, but think that times
are changing and we can't just ignore DMARC.

I just wish I could find that article I mentioned earlier — about an
intermediary signing the message and including the original sender's
signature within the signed headers (or something like that) — in case it
helped with this sort of scenario. I'll look again later…

Cheers,
Mike B-)