Re: [exim] 550 Denied by policy

Author: Dan Liles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] 550 Denied by policy
Hey guys,

Just to add to this a bit.

The url fo rvalli.org is http://multirbl.valli.org/ to do a blacklist check.

You can also use mxtoolbox.com to do a full mx mail server review / test.

Finally you can try port25's tools such as check-auth-<your email with an = instead of an at>@verifier.port25.com which will check your spf records and DKIM signature.

You could also check your retry rules. If you've tweaked that to be more aggressive you could be getting a 550 for not properly backing off when you get a 4xx error. ( this happens with yahoo, gmail etc )

Hope this helps.

Dan