[exim] Getting 4.88 on centos 7

Author: Dan Liles
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Getting 4.88 on centos 7
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get the latest version of exim running on centos 7. I looked
for an rpm download of 4.88 and never found one so I've downloaded the code
and am trying to get a build.

I've run across a snag when compiling that I can't seem to get around.

It's looking for srs_alt.h - I've looked for a libsrs and libsrs2 with the
developer package for centos 7 but haven't found them either in yum or
looking at build packages on the web. I found instructions to build it on
centos 7 but was really hoping I could find another alternative.

1)      Is there an rpm I can use to just install the latest version of
exim?  If not.

2)      Does anyone know where I can get the necessary dev packages to build
exim?  I've been slugging through them one at a time and am stuck on this
srs library.

Ideally I would be able to turn on the same options as my initial test which
I've included below.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Dan

PS - I tried running the command exim -bV and I got

Exim version 4.84_2 #1 built 18-Apr-2016 14:36:56

Copyright (c) University of Cambridge, 1995 - 2014

(c) The Exim Maintainers and contributors in ACKNOWLEDGMENTS file, 2007 -
2014

Berkeley DB: Berkeley DB 5.3.21: (May 11, 2012)

Support for: crypteq iconv() IPv6 PAM Perl Expand_dlfunc TCPwrappers OpenSSL
Content_Scanning DKIM Old_Demime PRDR OCSP

Lookups (built-in): lsearch wildlsearch nwildlsearch iplsearch cdb dbm dbmjz
dbmnz dnsdb dsearch ldap ldapdn ldapm nis nis0 nisplus passwd sqlite

Authenticators: cram_md5 cyrus_sasl dovecot gsasl plaintext spa

Routers: accept dnslookup ipliteral manualroute queryprogram redirect

Transports: appendfile/maildir/mailstore/mbx autoreply lmtp pipe smtp

Fixed never_users: 0

Size of off_t: 8