[exim] How to suppress some log lines

Author: Ian Zimmerman
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] How to suppress some log lines
My main log contains lots of lines of the form

SMTP call from example.com dropped: too many $FOO

I would prefer to not log these, as there's nothing I can do about them.
But I cannot figure out which log_selector flag controls them. I know
that it is _not_ the flag that controls logging each specific FOO. For
example, I already have

log_selector = -smtp_syntax_error -smtp_protocol_error ...

but I keep getting the above where FOO == "syntax or protocol errors".