Re: [exim] all relevant MX records point to non-existent hos…

Author: John C Klensin
To: Lena, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] all relevant MX records point to non-existent hosts or(invalidly) to IP addresses ?
Lena,

I think you may be asking the wrong question. A site that badly
misconfigured is almost certain to cause other problems down the
line. You would almost certainly be doing your users, and
theirs, a favor by encouraging them to use the post or telephone
to communicate a clear "your system DNS configuration is broken;
if you want to receive email, get it fixed; if you don't, there
are more clear (and standard) ways to say "we don't want email".

You probably don't do anyone any favors by trying to set up
routers that may just expose other problems. Most of the
Internet won't do it. By contrast, it generally takes very
little time to correct bad DNS records if a site is motivated.

good luck.

john

--On Thursday, January 26, 2017 14:42 +0200 Lena@???