Re: [exim] How to handle DEFERring ACL condition

Góra strony
Autor: Ian Zimmerman
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] How to handle DEFERring ACL condition
On 2017-01-24 19:40, Jeremy Harris wrote:

> > With "strict" behaviour, any temporary DNS error causes the whole
> > lookup to defer.
>
> I think, in turn, it results in a defer return from the ACL. See the
> first sentence of section 13 in the ACL chapter.

Yes, that part of the spec seems to support your hypothesis. But my
logs disagree. Could this be a bug? (caveat: exim 4.84.2)

Meanwhile, I found a spell which does what I want:

  warn
        set acl_m_data_rhost_decided = false
        set acl_m_data_rhost = ${lookup dnsdb{ptr=$acl_m_data_rip}{$value}{}}
        # this is here so we can detect a DEFER from the above lookup
        set acl_m_data_rhost_decided = true

Not pretty but it works. Still, the way it works (further rules down
from here demonstrably _are_ run when acl_m_data_rhost_decided is false)
means that something is amiss, either in the spec or in the code :-)