Re: [exim] How to handle DEFERring ACL condition

Góra strony
Autor: Ian Zimmerman
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] How to handle DEFERring ACL condition
On 2017-01-24 18:02, Jeremy Harris wrote:

> >   warn
> >     condition = ${lookup dnsdb{ptr=$acl_m_data_rip}{false} {true}}
> >     set acl_m_data_noptr = true

> spec_html/ch-file_and_database_lookups.html#SECTdnsdb

Quoting that section:

With "strict" behaviour, any temporary DNS error causes the whole
lookup to defer.

Ok, but what does that mean? How can I turn that into a specific action
in the ACL? The section on ACLs seems to imply that this will just
skip the rest of the rule and continue with the next rule - which, if I
don't do anything else, ends up conflated with a straight failure.