Re: [exim-dev] Disabling BDAT by default for upcoming Debian…

Author: Andreas Metzler
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Disabling BDAT by default for upcoming Debian stable release?
On 2017-01-19 Heiko Schlittermann <hs@???> wrote:
> Andreas Metzler <eximusers@???> (Do 19 Jan 2017 15:44:17 CET):

[...]
> > -  US"*",               /* hosts_try_chunking */
> > +  NULL,                /* hosts_try_chunking */
> >  #ifdef EXPERIMENTAL_DANE
> >    NULL,                /* hosts_try_dane */
> >    NULL,                /* hosts_require_dane */

> But this patch?? As far as I know, the issues with chunking are
> *inbound*, not outbound, so, the disabling chunking for outgoing
> connections isn't strictly necessary.

Hello,

Outgoing chunking relies on correct body_linecount in the spoolfile,
DATA does not. I know that incoming chunking allows setting
body_linecount in the spoolfile to an (almost) arbitrary value, perhaps
there are other venues to accomplish this.

> But I'd add update the spec, just in case somebody reads it:

[...]

I had done the minimal change in the upload.

cu Andreas

so grateful to you.'