Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2 10.23-RC1 is available

Author: ph10
To: Petr Pisar
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE2 10.23-RC1 is available
On Tue, 17 Jan 2017, Petr Pisar wrote:

> I tested it successfully on:
>
> aarch64
> armv7hl
> i686
> ppc32
> ppc64le
> ppc64be
> s390
> s390x
> x86_64
>
> with JIT enabled where available.

Thank you.

> The only issue is these compiler warnings in pcre2test.c on 32-bit platforms:

> Attached patch fixes it in means of "%td", but I believe you will choose more
> conservative way like "%lld" and cast to long long int.

I have applied your patch. I learned C at C90, so tend to think in those
terms, and I have stuck to C90 for PCRE1, but there are already some C99
usages in PCRE2 (snprintf() for example), so I don't mind using C99
features nowadays. After all, it's been around a long time now (and even
C11 isn't brand new any more).

Philip

--
Philip Hazel