Re: [exim] date/time when ratelimit "expires"

Author: Lena
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] date/time when ratelimit "expires"
> From: Arkadiusz Mi??kiewicz

> How to show when particular ratelimit goes below threshold? Can that be
> extracted/calculated from exim?
>
> For example, with these rules:
> https://lists.gt.net/exim/users/94666#94666
>
> I would like to change message to contain ratelimit expiry date like:
>
> drop message = Too many failed authentication attempts (blockade expires:
> $HERE_DATE_WHEN)

Ratelimit expires very quickly. In case of multiple failed
authentication attempts with different username+password pairs
(i.e. password cracking) I block forever:
https://github.com/Exim/exim/wiki/BlockCracking
Multiple attempts with the same wrong password are ignored.

If you really want to expire then you can write $tod_epoch
in each record and from cron run a script deleting too old lines.
Or use a directory with multiple empty files like in
https://github.com/Exim/exim/wiki/DbLessGreyListingRun