Re: [exim] ACL always runs spam check

Author: Mark Hills
To: J.R.Haynes
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] ACL always runs spam check
On Tue, 10 Jan 2017, J.R.Haynes wrote:

[...]
> The better solution would be to look at your build process, find out where it
> is including SAExim, exclude this and just use Exim's built in call to SA,
> which is what you thought you were doing anyway.

I think you have hit the nail on the head.

I thought the "spam =" keyword came from sa-exim, and when enacted upon,
the sa-exim.conf file would be consulted. I assumed SAEximRunCond was
additional checks once invoked.

Whereas, it's clear now that I'm doing two scans; one via "scan =" and
another done by sa-exim added on top.

So building without sa-exim and I'm in the position I want to be in.

It's clear now that "spam =" comes from the in built "Content_Scanning"
module, and the docs make sense in that context.

I've been confused by two things here:

* the most recent (4.88) Exim package for FreeBSD appears to have
Content_Scanning disabled, so "spam =" no longer works

* the port contains 'sa-exim' making it appear as if its an official flag;
so I naturally assumed this was the "spam =" in the documentation

Many thanks for your help

--
Mark