Re: [exim] Transport to route local mail to bSMTP

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Fergus Leen
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Transport to route local mail to bSMTP
On 2017-01-06 at 18:18 +0000, Fergus Leen wrote:
> I have managed to setup the router and transport to write bSMTP on the
> offline exim4. This is then collected, transferred to a connected server
> and then sent using exim4 -bS , but I am struggling to take received mail
> via smtp and writing to bSMTP for transfer in the other direction.
>
> We need SMTP received over TCP written as bSMTP into folders based on the
> subdomain of subdomain.domain.com. There is no need for mail to be
> delivered locally.

How is the router/transport on the offline Exim different from the
router/transport on the online Exim ?

They should be about the same: the format is the format. I _suspect_
that you're not handling that Routers are an ordered list, and
online/offline is usually handled in distinct stages, including with
+local_domains references.

So the mechanics of creating the bSMTP is likely all present and you're
missing the preconditions or ordering to make sure this is actually
invoked. Probably.

-Phil