Re: [exim] Mailman Admins - How much do you pay Yahoo to acc…

Author: John C Klensin
To: Odhiambo Washington, exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Mailman Admins - How much do you pay Yahoo to accept mail tosubscribers?

--On Friday, December 30, 2016 19:08 +0300 Odhiambo Washington
<odhiambo@???> wrote:

> Here is my situation on a server where I run a Mailing List
> using Mailman+Exim4.
> .... and still Yahoo is not playing well. It's unacceptable
> that some times mail to Yahoo can stay in the queue for 4
> hours when there's so much communication going on in the
> mailing list.
>
> I am sure there are people having larger yahoo subscriber
> database.... How does one bribe/prod yahoo to be kind to the
> world? :-)

The consensus is that it is hopeless. There are several views
of the reasons, with the one I think most credible is that Yahoo
has become so focused on anti-spam and anti-phishing efforts
that they simply do not care about anyone else or the users of
any other mail or mailing list provider.

If you are interested, you can find a long thread on the IETF
list about mailman, Yahoo, and restrictive DMARC policies in
general. The archive is at
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/ietf/ and you should
probably search the last month or so for "DMARC".

    john