Re: [exim] HowTo integrate Spamassassin working?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] HowTo integrate Spamassassin working?
Hi,

Forum <forum@???> (Do 22 Dez 2016 17:29:35 CET):
> Am 22.12.2016 um 16:59 schrieb Heiko Schlittermann:
> >
> >> Here is all i can find for this:
> >> http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-content_scanning_at_acl_time.html
> > What else do you expect?
>
> Some more practical examples.
> Or an explanation that will better help to understand how this functionality is intended to be used.

If you feel, the documentation is wrong/misleading/incomplete, please
add what you're missing. Even examples. If they're generic enough, I'm
more than happy to include them in the spec file. The same holds for
your additions/corrections/… whatever.

In case you (or somebody else) know a sponsor: I'm willing to write
a Book (German) about Exim and it's configuration. Partly probably a
translated version of the original one (already about 8 years old) and
of course with addtions according to the development of Exim.

> But with your kindly help i could master it. Thanks a lot!

You're welcome.

> Hmm - from my point of view i tried to make a good description of the problem.
> It was not clear for me if it's a bug or a feature of exim that it doesn't work.
> Please apologize if i asked in a wrong way.

My reply to your messages was partly a more generic one, not every
sentence was exactly related to you.

And yes, I know, understanding the configuration breaks into more than
one part

    Understanding
    - how Email works
    - how the SMTP protocol works
    - how Exim processes the message from reception to delivery
    - the configuration sturcture
    - the configuration syntax (almost "language")

It's a challenging task, but - compared with other projects - it is fun
reading the spec file, reading the Exim book. Because it is complete,
and structured (yes, exceptions are possible, but not intended).

The documentation was one (if not *the*) reason to choose Exim about 20
years ago.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann