Re: [exim] Delivery logs when using alternative conf file

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Delivery logs when using alternative conf file
Alfonso Ali <alfonso.ali@???> (Mi 21 Dez 2016 22:44:55 CET):
> I need to use independent instances of exim on one computer, each instance
> with a different configuration file specifying differents log_file_path,
> pid_file_path and spool_directory.

spool_directory is expanded, log_file_path, and pid_file_path too.
So you can probably use some clever expansion to get different file
names.

And we've CONFIGURE_FILE_USE_EUID and CONFIGURE_FILE_USE_NODE, but I do
not know, if it helps and if your copy of Exim is built with these
options.

> So far i managed to achieve that using -C option and this work fine
> (messages are received and delivered without problem) with the exception
> that exim is not logging on the mainlog the details for the delivery
> operations, only the ones concerning receiving emails.
>
> If i start the process as:
> exim4 -bdf -q30m -C /etc/exim4/exim-user1.conf

Ohm. Exim is delivering, but not logging. Not nice. Bug?

> the logs related to the delivery operations are printed to the console
> instead of the mainlog.

Hm.

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden