Re: [exim] only RSET accepted now

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] only RSET accepted now
Here's the ack for the first BDAT, the next SMTP command, and our
response:

On 20/12/16 20:04, Twilek wrote:
> 17155 SMTP>> 250 1048576 byte chunk received
> 17155 SMTP<<
> 17155 LOG: smtp_protocol_error MAIN
> 17155 SMTP protocol error in "" H=localhost (mydomain.de) [127.0.0.1]
> only BDAT permissible after non-LAST BDAT

They sent us an empty command; not a legal SMTP thing at all.

I asked previously:
> Do you know what MTA software and version was sending
> the message?

I'm unsure if "latest Horde via pear with PHP7" was the
answer... if so, it is not sending a proper RFC3030
conversation.
--
Cheers,
Jeremy

PS: Your mail-user-agent breaks the threading of messages.
    Every response of your is a new message, in a new thread.
    The MUA is apparently "Horde Application Framework 5"
    and there is no "References:" header.