Re: [exim] DKIM signing with the i= (Identity) tag/header

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] DKIM signing with the i= (Identity) tag/header
On 21/11/16 23:00, Phil Pennock wrote:
> If you have signs of Exim doing this, please file a bug-report: a
> `v=DKIM1\` value (after de-escaping) should be ignored.

Actually, _all_ values for the 'v' tag are ignored for DKIM
verification:

            case 'v':
              /* This tag isn't evaluated because:
                 - We only support version DKIM1.
                 - Which is the default for this value (set below)
                 - Other versions are currently not specified.      */
              break;

Phil: do you want strict enforcement here?
--
Cheers,
Jeremy