Re: [exim] dkim_domain with empty value cancels cutthrough

Author: Mike Brudenell
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] dkim_domain with empty value cancels cutthrough
Hi, Jeremy -

On 21 November 2016 at 14:47, Jeremy Harris <jgh@???> wrote:

> On 21/11/16 14:25, Mike Brudenell wrote:
> > *Question 1:* I suspect that in 4.86 assigning the empty string to
> > dkim_domain will cancel cutthrough, but if I were to upgrade to 4.88 it
> > wouldn't. Am I right in thinking this?
>
> Yup

Many thanks for the confirmation; I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing
something.

> *Question 2:* Assuming I'm right, is there some way of changing my string
> > expansion to leave dkim_domain unset?
>
> > Is there a sneaky way of doing this?
>
> move the expansion that gives do/don't dkim into the router(s) and use
> it to select one of two transports, noting that the router "transport"
> option is expanded before use.

That's sort of what I used to have, although I did the lookup within the
transport. But as you note, I should be able to cunningly move the lookup
out to the router as well and so decide which transport to invoke.

Many thanks!
Mike B-)

--
Systems Administrator & Change Manager
IT Services, University of York, Heslington, York YO10 5DD, UK

Web: www.york.ac.uk/it-services
Disclaimer: www.york.ac.uk/docs/disclaimer/email.htm