Re: [exim] Exim 4.88 RC and configuring qualify_domain

Author: Jeremy Harris
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exim 4.88 RC and configuring qualify_domain
On 10/11/16 19:31, The Doctor wrote:
> 1) What is happening with openssl 1.1 and exim 4.88 RC support?

Currently, as you discovered, it does does not build thanks to
changes in OpenSSL between 1.0 and 1.1

We would have discovered this earlier had someone interested in
having OpenSSL 1.1 been running a buildfarm animal
( http://buildfarm.exim.org/index.html ).

It seems that OpenSSL 1.1 is not yet mainstream in common Linux
distributions (I checked Fedora 25 beta, and Debian stable).
It is available in Debian unstable and I will be using that to
work on. I cannot say right now whether it will be done in time
for 4.88 release.

PS: Anyone who runs a less-usual platform or tracks bleeding-edge
distributions: please consider running a buildfarm animal.

We have moved the buildfarm site onto Exim-project controlled
systems now, so if you signed up on the older site and did not
get a response, please re-try.

You need internet access; it's all driven by your system not from
outside. You need to be able to build the Exim source-code, so
the usual build tools, and an array of libraries. System resources
used are not big (64MB disk space; a half-hour run which uses
very little cpu apart from the compile phase, done whenever a
new commit is noticed in the Exim git, run from cron).

--
Cheers,
Jeremy