Re: [exim] Redirect the emails from domain2 to domain1

Author: Mike Brudenell
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Redirect the emails from domain2 to domain1
Greetings -

I guess you can do it in either…

- In Exim it's easy: you would rewrite the address(es) from the old
domain to the new one. Read the chapter on rewriting in the *Exim
Specification*.
- In Dovecot I guess you'd just modify the *password_query* construct to
see if the *domain* was either the old or new domain.

Something to think about is the effect of secretly rewriting the old domain
to new domain in addresses. If you do then, depending which address(es) you
rewrite, recipients might not be able to tell whether someone sent to the
old domain name or the new one, so can't tell the sender to start using
their new address instead.

It depends on whether you plan to run both domains indefinitely, or want to
phase the old one out eventually.

Cheers,
Mike B-)