Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE Installation issue : checking the archiv…

Author: Sandeep Kutwal
To: pcre-dev@exim.org
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] PCRE Installation issue : checking the archiver (link -lib) interface... unknown
Hi Dev Team,

Need your help for below PCRE installation issue.

When I tried to install PRCE version  pcre2-10.22.zip  at Solaris 10 , but got configure: error: could not determine link -lib interface.

Please help and suggest further to resolve it.

bash-3.2# CC=/usr/sfw/bin/gcc  ./configure
checking for a BSD-compatible install... ./install-sh -c
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ./install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no
checking whether make supports nested variables... no
checking whether make supports nested variables... (cached) no
checking for style of include used by make... none
checking for gcc... /usr/sfw/bin/gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether /usr/sfw/bin/gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for /usr/sfw/bin/gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking whether /usr/sfw/bin/gcc understands -c and -o together... yes
checking dependency style of /usr/sfw/bin/gcc... none
checking for ar... no
checking for lib... no
checking for link... link -lib
checking the archiver (link -lib) interface... unknown
configure: error: could not determine link -lib interface
bash-3.2#

Below is version of gcc compiler at Solaris 10 by default.

bash-3.2# pkginfo -l | grep gcc

   PKGINST:  CSWlibgcc-s1

      NAME:  libgcc_s1 - The GNU Compiler Collection, libgcc_s.so.1

    VENDOR:  http://gcc.gnu.org packaged for CSW by Dagobert Michelsen

   PKGINST:  SUNWgcc

      NAME:  gcc - The GNU C compiler

   PKGINST:  SUNWgccruntime

      DESC:  GCC Runtime - Shared libraries used by gcc and other gnu components

-----

Regards,
Sandeep Kutwal,
IBPS , IBG-UK Ireland - 2 | Pune - 411001
Mobile +91 9527343030  | Tel. (Desk )  020 305 347 67

Disclaimer: This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html internally within TechMahindra.