Re: [exim] [exim-dev] Exim 4.88 RC3 uploaded

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] [exim-dev] Exim 4.88 RC3 uploaded
On 2016-10-24 at 12:43 +0100, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> Adding probe code in process startup might help, though
> the re-execs we do defeat that. Queue-runners would be
> ok but most deliveries are probably foreground.
>
> Should I change the default to not-enabled, for the
> medium-term?

I think that for something which is a traffic flow optimisation, it's
really something we'd shove under debug-logging. If you're trying to
see exactly what's happening, you're debug-logging. If failure is "less
optimal packet-wise, but mail gets through without having to open a new
connection", that's not critical.

IMO: Leave it in standard uncategorized debug-logging and log
success/failure so that people see the option getting set.

-Phil