Re: [exim] user filter if $tod_log < "some time"

Author: Gary Stainburn
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] user filter if $tod_log < "some time"
On Wednesday 19 October 2016 17:06:31 Jeremy Harris wrote:
> On 19/10/16 16:39, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> > I have found the variable $tod_log but I can't find out how to a string
> > comparison within a user filter. Is it possible?
>
> For Exim filters (as opposed to Sieve filters) the docs
> imply that the full horror of Exim string expansions
> can be used:
>
> http://exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/filter_ch-exim_filter_
>files.html --
> Cheers,
> Jeremy

Hi Jerry

That's the main page that I've been using while working on this. However, as I
read it I can only use "English" style syntax such as

if $tod_log begins "2016-10-19" then

I can't use things such as lt{} or gt{}, and I can't see how to do less than
or greater than string comparisons

Unless I'm missing something, which is quite possible.

Gary