Re: [exim] SNI and DANE TLSA record monitoring

Author: Felipe Gasper
To: Mike Tubby
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SNI and DANE TLSA record monitoring
SNI is concerned strictly with the domain name, whereas virtual hosting (as I’ve seen it) concerns content.

Apache’s SNI configuration is poorly conceived, in my opinion. It forces all domains on a given virtual host to use the same certificate, which makes no sense. There is no reason whatsoever why “foo.com” and “bar.com” should have to serve up the same certificate--regardless of whether those two domains serve up the same content.

Exim’s approach of making the SNI request available and allowing the admin to do whatever with it is much more ideal. Please do NOT change this!

-FG