Re: [exim-dev] DMARC ARC

Góra strony
Autor: Andrew C Aitchison
Dla: Jeremy Harris
CC: exim-dev
Temat: Re: [exim-dev] DMARC ARC
On Tue, 11 Oct 2016, Jeremy Harris wrote:

> On 11/10/16 10:24, Jeremy Harris wrote:
> > On 10/10/16 16:27, Peter Gervai wrote:
> >> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dmarc-arc-protocol-00
> >>
> >> Kind of signed "received" lines. It's implemented in GMail and AOL
> >> test environments. Looks useful for trusted path checking.
> >
> > It's more of a mmailinglist-software thing than an MTA thing,
> > I think.
>
> I'll modify that. It's a mailinglist thing as regards generation;

Does "mailinglist" include forwarding ?
If so exim might want to generate too.

> but the final receiving MTA wants a checking implementation.
>
> The latter is where Exim might want to provide support.

Is ARC an all or nothing, or is it a scoring thing
that could be done by spamassassin ?

I note that section 10 warns that ARC could be mis-used
to force the checking server to make many DNS requests.
Perhaps a configurable limit should be included in the
implementation ?

--
Andrew C Aitchison