Re: [exim] The appendfile transport: UID and GID of the deli…

Góra strony
Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] The appendfile transport: UID and GID of the delivery message file
Ednardo Lobo <ednardo@???> (Di 30 Aug 2016 19:51:07 CEST):
> On 30-08-2016 11:39, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> >Did you try it? Setting the transport option group= to the
> >value, the file has right after creation, inherited from the directory.
>
> Do you remember my exim is running without root privileges?

Yes, I remember, but the chown(2) man page is not clear about what
happens if the chown() wouldn't have any effect (as in your case, if you
chown() it to the group, the file already has).

> Therefore, exim process don't have permission for this. See you:
> - Driver configuration
>
> maildir:

>      directory = DIR_BOX/$domain/$local_part
>      mode = 0660
>      group = 65536

oK

> - Error reported by QUEUE RUNNER

> (euid=104): local delivery to ednardo <ednardo@???>
> transport=maildir

> 2016-08-30 12:12:26 1bekhb-0002jz-5c appendfile transport process returned
> non-zero status 0x0100: exit code 1
> 2016-08-30 12:12:26 1bekhb-0002jz-5c == ednardo@??? R=local

Hm, so the kernel seems to check the permissions first, even if the
change wouldn't have any effect.

--
Heiko