Re: [exim] tls_certificate weirdness

Góra strony
Autor: Mike Brudenell
Dla: Exim Users
Temat: Re: [exim] tls_certificate weirdness
Hi, Phil -

It's probably not the cause of the error you're seeing, but just in case…

I'm not sure about the wisdom of having all the directories on the paths
protected with 777 (rwx) permissions; that gives anyone on your system the
ability to delete any file or directory within those directories or create
files/directories in them. (Having the certificate file protected 644
merely stops someone changing the data in situ within an existing file, not
form deleting the whole file if memory serves.)

Might be worth checking, just in case something is deciding that having a
777 protected directory in the path is unsafe so can't trust its contents,
although I'd have thought you'd have been given a different error message.

I'm not familiar with Centos but remember going crackers once on some
flavour of Linux with trying to access a file that looked as though it
should be accessible but I was being denied. Turned out to be some sort of
security in Linux and I needed to to add the path to a file somewhere. I
can't remember what the security system was called so can't search for it
for you.

Cheers,
Mike B-)