Re: [exim] pretend a different domain

Góra strony
Autor: hw
Dla: Evgeniy Berdnikov, exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] pretend a different domain
Evgeniy Berdnikov schrieb:
> On Tue, Aug 09, 2016 at 04:14:49PM +0200, hw wrote:
>> with several domains declared as local domains, users can
>> send and receive messages with sender addresses the domain
>> part of which is any of the local domains.
>
> There are no built-in restrictions for the sender's domain part:
> by default senders can eject e-mails from arbitrary envelope
> addresses and with arbitrary headers.

Then why does exim add a Sender: header?

>> Unfortunately,
>> when looking at the headers, the recipient can always see
>> from which domain the message was actually sent because of
>> headers like Received: and Sender:, and the envelope information.
>
> May be you mean these headers exibit information about mail host.
> Host may be declared local for several domains, that's true.

Yes --- fortunately it turned out that this isn´t the problem. It
leaves me with the Sender: header being added, which I need to somehow
disable.

>> Is there a way to make it so that the recipient of a message
>> sent from <user@???> cannot figure out that the message
>> was actually sent from <user@???> when the host exim
>> runs on has a primary hostname like mx.domain-a.net?
>
> You may delete some headers in Exim routers or transports.
> Look for headers_remove options in documentation (ch. 47 p. 17).

That doesn´t work for the Sender: header ...

>> Do I need to set up another email server for this?
>
> Yes. You may also run several Exim instances on the same host,
> however, this is slightly tricky in configuration.

Hmm, interesting idea to run several exims on the same host. Either
way, I´m trying to avoid it.