Re: [exim] Verify outgoing email while using a smarthost

Góra strony
Autor: Richard James Salts
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Verify outgoing email while using a smarthost
On 04/08/16 03:50, Jason wrote:

> The problem is that the messages being sent are originating from localhost
> (a web server), and aren't making an SMTP connection (they're injected via
> PHP's mail() function), so a rcpt ACL wouldn't affect these messages.

You could add the verify recipient for the "acl_not_smtp" acls, however
this will be for the whole message no matter how many recipients
involved and is a permanent failure. This may mean that the message is
silently discarded or that an ugly error message is sent to the user of
the php script. An option might be that you could do something like
control=freeze for those recipients that fail to verify so that you
accept the whole message but nothing makes its way to your smarthost.