Re: [exim] Verify outgoing email while using a smarthost

Góra strony
Autor: Jason
Dla: Exim Users
CC: Mike Brudenell
Temat: Re: [exim] Verify outgoing email while using a smarthost
Thanks, Mike. I'll check out the lookup. So from the way you described
it, when sending mail (not testing with -bv or -bt), it hits the
"verify_address" router, does the check, and would fail, but it still
continues to the next router ("smarthost" in my case) which delivers the
message? Shouldn't the verify_address router failure halt/defer the
message and not send it onto the next router? If not, is that possible in
the router configuration (without a lookup)? What purpose does a
verify_only router serve if it doesn't defer/fail a message from being
processed further?

The reason we want to do the check before forwarding to the relay is
because our relay is Amazon SES, and if we relay mail that's destined to
NXDOMAINs, for example, then it will be a bounce and you get penalized for
submitting mail that bounces (we're trying to cleanup email addresses that
are in our database that are entered incorrectly, but for now, they're
there). So we're trying to deal with the "bad" mail before it even gets to
SES.

Thanks,
-- Jason