Re: [exim] Use of ipv4 and ipv6 for sending mails to specifi…

Author: Jasen Betts
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Use of ipv4 and ipv6 for sending mails to specific domains
On 2016-07-22, Thomas Wilhelm <thomas.wilhelm@???> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Situation:
>
> we want to send emails to some domains only via IPv4 and to other domains via ipv4 and ipv6.
>
> I tried to use the "interface"-value in the transport-section, but it didn't work.
>
> I set an ip for the inferace-value by hand. The value was ignored and the Server used the default-IP for sending the email.

as I understand it you don't specify the interface for ipv6 or
for ipv4 and that protocol was chosen then the defaiut interface ip
address will be used.

> So even if I set the interface to a single IPv4 Address the server uses the default ipv6 Address for sending the email.
>
> Using dns_ipv4_lookup is not an option because I only would like to send via ipv4 to some specific domains.

maybe you can have two routers one with ip6 enabled and one without
and use domainlist or other condition to control which is applied.

for ip6 disabled:

ignore_target_hosts = <; 0::0/0

As seen here: http://www.exim.org/exim-html-current/doc/html/spec_html/ch-generic_options_for_routers.html