Re: [exim] Forged FROM

Author: Hardy
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Forged FROM
On 28.07.2016 20:40, Always Learning wrote:

> On Thu, 2016-07-28 at 13:48 -0400, Yan Seiner wrote:
>
>> One spambot is forging my email address and IP in their FROM headers,
>> so my email server is getting hammered with bounces.
>
> Are you using SPF ?

Yes indeed, AL and Alan mentioned it. SPF allows you to tell the OTHERS,
that those message are not originating from a legitimate server (yours)
because only you (if you have control over the DNS of your domain) can
name it. I got rid of >> 90% of this kind of traffic by doing so. Start
here: http://www.openspf.org/
UYFSE on SPF "Sender Policy Framework"
It is a bit complex, but worth the effort, as more and more MTAs honor it.